Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 1, Day 2 (Part 2)

Workout Length: 31 minutes. Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cool down walk.



It was back to the basics last night and a good thing it was. We had one more join Manic and I on the walk (I'm working on getting her permission to post her information*). She just started the Couch to 5K program and is on Week 1 Day 2, so that is the day we did. Maybe I can get her and Manic to guest blog about it one time instead of having me ramble on and on about it.

Anyway...

As I mentioned above, it was a good thing we went back to Week 1, because it was damn hard! I can only imagine the pain we would have been in had we continued with Week 2. Not that we aren't ready. BUT it was f'ing cold outside! My lungs felt frozen, my ears NEVER warmed up and I think it wasn't until half way through the program that the rest of my body started to feel like it should at body temperature.

Good thing was that I brought water this time! Yea, a half of a bottle that I forgot was in my car from my drive home from work (Wow, that was a lot of sentence).

While I thought I would be sorer than a turkey on Thanksgiving, my body is surprisingly not feeling that bad this morning. AND I think the whole running thing is helping me sleep better at night!

Great job team!

Mental Notes:

1. Whenever you get around to buying those good running shoes!
2. Still need more water, water is a good thing.
3. Stretch you dumb ass! Stretch! It really isn't that hard.
4. Always wear a sweatshirt now, aparantly Arizona CAN get cold!
5. Protein shakes. My body needs more protein and less carbs.

*Got permission, She will be referred to as Faffy from this point forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment