Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 2, Day 2

Brisk five-minute warm up walk. The alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cool down walk.


You will be proud of me. This time, I kept moving on with Week 2, instead of going back to week 1. This probably would have been great, had I not technically done the Week 2, day 2 program twice. I mean, I completed it twice, last night. That's 1 hour of running/walking!

Anyway, I was lying on the couch after having ate a small amount of food. I was tired from the weekend and the night before. I was about 10 second away from sending out a text message to my jogging buddy (who I recently got permission from to exploit. Or something like that) and telling him that I wasn't going to make it. Then, I got up and changed into the neccessary attire. I left 30 mintues before our meeting time, because I knew that if I were to wait any longer before leaving the house, that text message would be sent!

Manicsocratic is my jogging buddy and he can be found on twitter, here. Also, I will now be refering to him has Manic in this blog.

Half way through the first time I did the program, I wanted to leave. Then at the end, when my Manic showed up I felt like I could go another hour. Yea, riiiight! I was beaten! I felt used and abused. My thighs felt like jello in the sense that they remained in one spot, but were shaky as hell! And my feet, my feet felt like I had been walking on iron for the last 10 years.

Yesterday kicked my ass.

Lesson learned. Don't take 4 days off and then expect to "make up" for it the first chance you get. 20 minutes in the hot tub didn't even help curb the pain my body was feeling. Today, I can STILL feel it. I sure did hand it to myself.

I think I might go out again today, and complete only ONE session, not one session twice. I am terribly exhausted, from staying up late and not getting any sleep, so I am not sure if I'll make it. I did just consume 78 carbs. It's funny how it kind of seems that excesising and eating healthy go hand in hand. Or did I get that backwards? Maybe, I'm just not there yet!

Mental Notes:

1. Don't forget your WATER! You can't keep relying on other people to bring you some.
2. Sweat pants seems to be eliminating that burning/itching feeling. I wonder if now that I am more active if I can go back to shorts and not have it at all!?!?
3. Still need new shoes (I might be repeating this for the next 9. No, 8 weeks).
4. Work on what you are eating. Try to elimiate the carb intake. *cough* fat ass *cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment