Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 1, Day 1 (Part 3)

Workout Length: 31 minutes. Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cool down walk.


Look, I know. Back to Week 1 Day 1, AGAIN! I could have just advanced to Day 3, which is the same as Day 1 and Day 2, since they are in the same week. But, this time I have two excuses. One is really and excuse and the other is valid. So, let's concentrate and the more valid one.

First, it's been over a week since I've ran and I just can't bring myself to moving forward without "properly" following the program. Did it work? No, okay.

The OTHER excuse is that... I found a work out/jogging buddy and he is in the same shape as I am and has NOT done the program, so I figured I would start at the beginning.

This time, while the Couch to 5K program Week 1, Day 1 thing is only 31 minutes, we were actually there for over an hour. Oh, and I wasn't at the track this time. We met up at the park and jogged/walked around the pond.

I really think I am building some endurance. The sweats things makes me LOOK more tired, but I was did REALLY good. I think running with someone helps too, because it gives me someone to talk to and I don't have time to pay attention too how much air my lungs are really getting.

So, after the 31 minutes of the C25K program we did "hills." If I only knew what I was getting myself into BEFORE I went. I still would have gone. We ran up this steep as grass hill, and then back. We did three of them and while that doesn't sound like a lot, you try it, because it is!

It was a good thing that my buddy remembered to bring water, because I didn't. I think that is becoming a bad habit - not bringing water. Anyway, we are going to meet up again on Wednesday and get back on the horse. I am looking forward to it. :D

Mental Notes:

1. Buy one of those water back packs.
2. Blue tooth headphones would be awesome (thanks friend), but I'm not dropping that kind of cash on them.
3. I still need nice running shoes. Anyone have any suggestions?
4. I love the hot tub, my muscles felt like hard jello last night, but after dipping into the hot tub they feel great this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment