Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 1, Day 1 (Part 2)


Workout Length: 31 minutes. Brisk five-minute warm-up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cool down walk.

Now I know what you are thinking... The answer is Yes, I did already complete Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch to 5K, but that was just so long ago that I couldn't jump to Day 2 and expect the program to work. I said in the beginning that I had to be consist AND that I would struggle with consistency. So, I started from the beginning and this time, The Man (his name is Curtis, btw) joined me.

We went off to the track, luckily there were no 50/60/70 year old men there to taunt me and make me feel like a sissy.

However, Curtis was there which made stopping to walk on the first Beep and waiting to run until 1 second AFTER they guy told me to run was out of the question. I think I got away with that once, and only once.

I was really surprised. I wasn't out of breath nearly has much as I was a few weeks ago when I attempted this. Apparently, I might have something called muscle memory. Curtis was telling me about it during our first night at the track. It's where your body remembers where it was before you got fat and lazy; therefore, it wont take you long to get there at all.

I was right about one thing though, the first day of Couch to 5K was a little slow for Curtis and I am sure he would have preferred to just take a mile and then walk half a lap and then run a mile. SCREW THAT! This girl can't run a mile straight, at least not yet. But, he is glad to be out there doing SOMETHING and he is, I am sure, as any guy would be, glad that I have gotten off of the couch as well.

So, this time I didn't have ice cream BEFORE going for the run. I did enjoy a couple spoonfuls AFTER the run. Then, we went to the hot tub, which felt SOOO good! Today, my body is not really sore like it was last time I attempted this feet! This is giving me, however miniscule, some motivation for continuing onward.

Curtis is now on this huge healthy kick, which is easy to talk about while running, not so easy to accomplish. He is FOR SURE going to start going to the gym again. When he is going to do this? I have no clue, but who am I to burst his bubble? He damn sure is not going to go to the gym during any time we possibly might have to spend together, and I'm not in "gym shape" yet. Yes, I said gym shape. That is the shape you have to be in before you can go to the gym without people giving you the stink eye.

OH! I did get one of the shoulder strap things for my iPhone, so I don't have to hold it anymore. MUCH better! I think not having any extra weight in my hand really extended my endurance! PPSSH!

My legs still got that horrible sensation in them after awhile. There was this one other high-school female the track. She was in high-school and probably in track. Therefore, I was not that jealous of her, because she isn't burdened with things like stress and bills yet. Anyway, she was TOTALLY showing off by doing some weird one legged jump thing from one seat in the bleachers to the seat above it. Yea, wonder when I can do THAT one. I saw that she was wearing sweats and a SWEATSHIRT. "A sweatshirt?" I thought to myself, seconds before my legs started burning. Then it hit me, like that half empty soda can thrown at me last week during karaoke. If I keep my muscles warm, maybe they won't start to itch. Now that I think about it, it doesn't make as much sense to me now as it did then. I'm still going to test the theory. Maybe I can even write my own book afterwards.

Mental Notes:

1. Make kick ass play list for when Curtis isn't joining me in the run.
2. Buy good running shoes.
3. Wear clothes that cover my entire body in an attempt to avoid that tickling/burning/itching sensation.
4. Get in hot tub after work out in order to avoid horrible muscle pains the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment