Thursday, October 22, 2009

Week 2, Day 1

Brisk five-minute warm up walk. The alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Five-minute cool down walk.

I stumbled onto Weed 2 by sheer accident. I swear. I was going to do Week 1 again with my workout buddy so that he could adjust to the program, and THEN move on to Week 2. But, when starting the workout last night, I didn't move back and ended up starting Week 2 instead.

I remember after the first run, I was like, "Oh man! This seems like a LONG time." By the 2nd run, I looked at my phone and, "OH SHIT," We started Week 2! Well, by that time we felt like we were perfectly capable of continuing forward. MAN! Was that a great work-out! I felt great! I sweated my ass off, but I can really feel myself progressing! Despite the physical appearance of exhaustion, I really think that the workout is a little too short and that I can keep getting better and better.

That whole realization is enough to motivate me to keep going steady so that I do not fall behind. AND so that I can see if the program really works. because you can bet your ass, when this program is finished, I am taking my self back to the track and going to run, like it tells you too, and see if it is really 5K (about 3 miles!).

I am totally looking forward to Friday night, where I convinced Curtis that we should not go to Pappadeuax and spend $100 on a meal, and should instead save $100 and go for a run. That's the power of persuasion at its best. Maybe the Week 2 program will make him feel a little burn.

Mental Notes:

1. I fear that by the time I buy a decent pair of running shoes, I will be finished with the program.
2. Bringing water is a good thing.
3. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment